Friday, September 14, 2012

Heart of California

Well, I'm off to Central California  next week, specifically to Fresno,
and it is a little like going home...but more about that later.

I'm participating in the very first "Heart of California Bead and Adornment Expo" smack-dab in the middle of the state.  This is a first for me, I'm going there as an exhibiter, not just as a teacher.  I'll be selling instructions, kits and filigree components.
I'm also holding my SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS "Sparkle-ing Sparkle-ring" make & take which has been very popular at the Pasadena Bead & Design shows over the past year.   I just love introducing people to new SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS that they might not have though about incorporating into their beadwork or jewelry making before.
I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of new friends in the Central California area....I understand there is a very healthy beading community there.  And as I'm coming back next spring to teach for the Central California Bead Society, I'm really looking forward to meeting as many of the members as I can.

The show is being organized by Stephanie Harrell, owner of Bead Artistry.  I am definitely going to stop by her store while I'm there....I promise to take pictures and share!  This show is a brilliant idea and fills a very large need for that part of our state.  The closest bead shows to this area are either the Bead & Design Shows in Pasadena or BABE in Oakland, a long drive in either direction.  So all you beaders in Fresno, Clovis, Visalia, Hanford, Merced, Tulare, Dinuba, Selma, Madera and even Bakersfield, come on into Fresno, to the Ramada Inn at 324 E. Shaw (right off the 41 Freeway) next Saturday and Sunday, September 22 and 23 from 10:00am till 5:00pm each day.  Stop by and say "Hello" when you do, OK?

Many, many years ago, I lived in Hanord, a little more than 35 miles from Fresno.  While I lived there I drove to Visalia (about 25 miles) every day through pure farm country to attend college classes at College of the Sequoias.  Told you it was many years ago!  As I had moved there after living and working in downtown San Francisco this was a bit of culture shock for this city girl to be that far into California's heartland, and farmland.  The area made quite an impression on me though, and a lot of good memories were made in the 1-1/2 years I lived there.  Ahhh...there are some smells you never forget!  When I lived in Hanford, the closest movie theater with new movies was in Fresno.  So guess where I stood in line to see the first Star Wars... yup, told you it was a long time ago!

So now I'm heading to the Heart of California, and bringing my best friend Sue with me.  Wonder how many cows we'll see along the way?  Wish us luck on our new adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment